Tuesday, January 14, 2014

HEPBURN TO THE RESCUE

last night my mom and I were still wallowing about liz leaving for the philippines. the only cure was some popcorn and audrey hepburn.

in the middle of breakfast at tiffany's, we got a surprise...a skype call from Liz! she told us she arrived safely in japan and was waiting to board her plane for manila. liz looked so pretty & happy and it assured me that this whole separating thing is going to be okay :)

only four more days until i will be in the magical place of cape town that i have been dreaming about for so long. i took some time to reflect on what i know now so i can look back on it after my trip. this is what i came up with:

being a theology major rocks. 
i have found a best friend.
i want to be challenged in my faith.
i really like grilled cheese and tomato soup.
my favorite books are autobiographies.
i will never again take for granted the ability to run.
the campus ministry building is home.
it is okay to be alone sometimes.
i like learning at school.
i want to go on another silent retreat.
i am addicted to coffee (oopsie).
mornings are my favorite.
i aspire to be a hiker/outdoorsy. 
i like being a psychology research assistant.
i want to read every day.
i want to be a campus minister at a college.
i want to live in New York City.
i like to talk to God while i am driving.

i will finish with a quote from breakfast at tiffany's.

“let me make one thing clear. i am not now — nor have i ever been — named ‘fred.’”

just kidding. lets finish with a quote from the bible.

"i know, o Lord, that a man's life is not his own; 
it is not for man to direct his steps" (jeremiah 10:23) 


family photo: my mom, me & liz in Japan via skype


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! Long time no see! I'm so excited to follow yours and Liz's journeys. It is so inspiring to see how you live out your faith and share it with others. I will be praying for you. Safe travels and have fun! :)
    xo
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh Carly so nice to hear from you! Thank you so much that means a lot. I hope me, you & liz can hangout this summer when we get back :) Have an awesome rest of junior year! XO

      Delete